IMPORTANT Information for all Camp Fernwood Staff Members
CampInTouch is the online system that all staff will need to use often in preparing for camp this summer. It is the gateway to forms, information, due dates and making sure we know how to reach you. Instead of filling out many paper forms and returning by mail, you will fill out and submit the necessary camp forms online or via our bar-coded fax back or scan and upload system.
LOGIN TO YOUR OWN CampInTouch ACCOUNT.
TO BEGIN THE PROCESS, click here AND FOLLOW THE LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
- Begin login using your email address, and press Retrieve password in lower right corner of login box – your password will be sent to the email you used in your login (check spam or junk folder if you do not receive). Note: the email address on file is the one you gave us on your application, or is an updated one you might have provided us with more recently.
Once you’re logged in, take a few minutes to surf around and familiarize yourself with the system. Here are the areas you’ll want to get to know:
- Click on Menu Icon LOGIN DETAILS: Here you can change your password to something you’ll remember. If you forget your password and guess too many times, you’ll be “locked out” and will need to contact Christine to be unlocked.
- Click on Menu Icon UPDATE ADDRESSES/PHONE NUMBERS: Please check all your personal contact, family contact and emergency information and make any necessary updates. If the information listed here is incomplete, please complete all sections.
- Click on Menu Icon FORMS DASHBOARD: this is where you will find the online forms you’ll need to submit prior to your arrival at camp. Informational bulletins are also posted here to give you info on arrival dates, packing, and policies.
FORMS THAT YOU WILL SUBMIT THROUGH OUR CampInTouch SYSTEM INCLUDE:
Online Forms – fill out online and submit online:
- Staff Health History: Record of your physical health including immunizations, allergies, etc.
- 2 different Payroll Forms – (Part 1 and Part 2) Submission of these forms by the due date is required to be paid in 1st pay period.
- Personnel Policies: a signed statement confirming that you have read, understand and agree to comply with Camp Fernwood’s Personnel Policies.
- Travel Information Sheet: information on how you’re arriving at camp.
- Background Check: Is a pre-employment and continued employment disclosure allowing an inquiry into Employment History, Education, General Character or Reputation, Work Experience, Volunteer Experience, Driving, Sex Offender and/or Criminal History.
- Voluntary Disclosure Statement: a signed statement confirming your suitability for a position as a camp counselor.
- Travel Information Sheet: details of how and when you’re arriving at camp, and if you require a pick up in Portland.
Print and submit certain forms by uploading a document:
Several forms are not filled out directly online, and can be submitted easily by uploading the completed document..
Upload method: First scan or take a CLEAR photograph of the completed form. Then, on forms dashboard CLICK ON THE ARROW upload button (shown on the dashboard to the right of the form), browse for the file of your completed form and click upload.
- Staff Authorization Form: Gives permission to authorize medical treatment in the event of an emergency.
- Staff Contract: Your signed agreement for employment.
- Job Description: All pages should be scanned together, with your signature on the last page. Upload the full 3 page document as a single file.
- Payroll Form Part 2: Is not actually a form, but requires an upload of either your Passport photo page (International Staff), or a copy of a voided check (Domestic staff who wish to be paid via Direct Deposit)
PLEASE REMEMBER – PAPER FORMS SHOULD BE UPLOADED TO YOUR FORMS DASHBOARD, NO FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED VIA MAIL.
STAFF INFORMATIONAL BULLETINS
Information on all of these topics is available on your forms dashboard. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ EACH OF THEM.
- Welcome Letter 2021 It is our goal to help you feel prepared and ready to come to Camp Fernwood this summer. This document contains information on our pre-camp dates, contact information and a few other things to make sure you feel welcome.
- Arrival Dates 2021 This document lets you know when you need to arrive at camp if you are taking the WSI, Lifeguarding Course, or are arriving at the regular start of orientation. Some dates are still TBA but the information on this page lets you know what to expect for the courses.
- Travel Information To let us know when, and where you will be arriving, you will fill out an online travel form through the CampInTouch system. Travel information should be submitted as soon as you know your travel plans. Please make sure travel information is submitted by May 15 at latest.
- Bus Schedules Bus transportation on a charter coach is available from New York City (Greyhound Bus Lines) and Boston Logan Airport (Concord Coach Lines). Additionally, Mermaid Transportation provides shuttle service from Manchester, NH Airport to the Portland, ME Jetport. Please check the company websites for the most recent travel information.
- Staff Personnel Policies This “must read” document provides information on many aspects of your job; including salary & benefits, time off, personal conduct and general rules and regulations.
- Additional Staff Forms & Documents In addition to the forms you will fill out online, there are also several other documents and forms of identification you will want to bring with you to camp. Please see this list to make sure you bring all all the necessary information.
- Staff Packing List Here is a list of suggested items to bring to camp.
- Procedures and Services This list gives information about email, laundry, etc.
- Overseas Staff This form has information specific to international staff.